Need to brush up on the history of antique jewellery?
Visitors to the Original Miami Beach Antique Show in January can take in the Second Annual Jewelry History Series from Jan. 28 to 29. The show itself starts Jan. 30 and is held at Miami Beach Convention Center.
The series includes educational sessions from notable jewellery speakers, as well as a complementary tour of Bass Museum of Art, an art museum located in Miami Beach.
“After an amazingly successful first year, we’re thrilled to once again offer this educational opportunity to jewellery collectors, buyers, and enthusiasts,” says Dan Darby, Emerald Expositions’ vice-president and U.S. Antique Shows’ general manager.
“From the feedback provided last year, we’ll be looking at new and creative ways for series attendees to network more with each other and the most elite dealers we have on the show floor.”
This event is open to retailers, wholesalers, appraisers, new collectors, old collectors, or anyone with an interest in learning about the history of antique jewellery.
Speakers scheduled for Jan. 28 are:
• Elyse Zorn Karlin, Art Nouveau & Edwardian Jewellery: Diverse Style in Early 20th Century
• Barbara Schwartz, Costume Jewelry in the 1920s & 1930s: The Evolution of the Art Deco Style
• Yvonne Markowitz, The Jewels of Trabert & Hoeffer-Mauboussin
• Gail Brett Levine, Shopping in the Aisles of History of Designs
On Jan. 29, the following will be making presentations:
• Panel Discussion: A Curator, Historian, Dealer and Appraiser—Four Views on Jewellery (Panel Members: Elyse Zorn Karlin, Yvonne Markowitz, Suzanne Martinez, and Gail Brett Levine)
• Laura Mathews, Chasing Gustav Manz: A Jewellery Adventure
• Gloria Lieberman, Designer Jewellery Drives the Market
• Eric J. Hoffman, Jade: the Precious Stone of Heaven
Along with a variety of sessions featuring dealers, graduate gemmologists, and jewellery historians, series attendees will be among the first to see the Original Miami Beach Antique Show before it opens with a tour of select exhibitor booths on Jan. 29. In addition, Original Miami Beach Antique Show dealer Lenore Dailey will be hosting a closing networking session for all attendees to conclude the two-day event.