Proposals for the JCK Industry Fund are now being accepted.
Each year, the fund awards hundreds of thousands of dollars to individuals, groups, or associations whose work results in the betterment of the overall jewellery industry.
“Being able to give back each year to the industry from which we all benefit is very rewarding,” said Yancy Weinrich, group vice-president for JCK. “Our industry continues to evolve, and so do the programs that our associations, organizations, and individuals have developed. I am very proud of this annual contribution, and encourage all organizations to consider submitting their grant proposal.”
Now in its 15th year, the fund awards grants to projects that:
- improve the jewellery industry’s image in the eyes of the consumer; and/or
- aid jewellery trade organizations in addressing serious problems facing the industry; and/or
- assist internal organizations and associations in developing training materials.Â
Past winners include Jewelers Vigilance Committee (JVC), American Gem Society (AGS), Gemological Institute of America (GIA), Jewelers Security Alliance (JSA), Diamond Development Initiative (DDI), and the Women’s Jewelry Association (WJA).
To be considered, applicants must submit a written proposal that includes the following:
- the grant’s purpose;
- the amount being requested;
- timing for allocation of monies and a plan for its allocation;
- historical budget data;
- measurable expected benefits; and
- an agreement outlining JCK’s right to conduct financial auditing of funds allocated to ensure suitable usage.
A fund advisory committee will review applications and choose recipients. The deadline for submitting proposals is Dec.15. For more information and to apply, go to http://lasvegas.jckonline.com/JCKs-Industry-Fund/.Â