By Cynthia Unninayar
Among the events cancelled and rescheduled at the Hong Kong Jewellery & Gem Fair because of the typhoon Mangkhut was the prestigious JNA Awards. Originally set for September 16, it was postponed to the following day.
The JNA Awards annually recognizes innovation and excellence in the jewellery and gemstone industry by honouring companies and individuals for their contributions to the advancement of the trade. Its partners include Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group, Shanghai Diamond Exchange, Danat, KGK Group, Guangdong Gems & Jade Exchange, and Guangdong Land Holdings Limited.
“Our industry is facing some challenging times, but we should not be discouraged. Instead, this is the time to be innovative. This is the time to seek business opportunities with a different light and angle, and form alliances and collaborations to create win-win situations,” said Letitia Chow, chair of the JNA Awards. “Our honouree companies and individuals embrace this mindset to drive their businesses forward. Once again, I would like to express my deep appreciation and sincere congratulations to all companies and individuals who took part in this year’s awards. Together, we can make this industry flourish.”
The Lifetime Achievement Award was given to Prida Tiasuwan, chair of Pranda Jewelry Public Co Ltd. Prida is well-known for his tireless efforts to bring Thailand-made jewellery to the forefront of the global market. His bold vision and revolutionary ideas not only contribute to the success of Pranda Group, but also benefit the jewellery industry as a whole.
The winners in the remaining 12 categories are:
- Luk Fook Holdings (International) Limited of Hong Kong (Brand of the Year, Retail);
- Kiran Gems Private Limited of India (e-Supplier of the Year);
- Shenzhen Mover Jewellery Co. Ltd. of China (Industry Innovation of the Year, Business Model);
- IIDGR (UK) Ltd. of the United Kingdom (Industry Innovation of the Year, Diamond Testing Technology);
- Pandora Production Co. Ltd. of Thailand (Industry Innovation of the Year, Manufacturing Process);
- Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group Ltd. of Hong Kong (Manufacturer of the Year, Cutting and Polishing);
- Kuwayama Corporation of Japan (Manufacturer of the Year, Jewellery);
- Poh Kong Jewellers of Malaysia (Outstanding Enterprise of the Year, ASEAN, Japan, and Korea);
- Shenzhen Sunfeel Jewelry Co. Ltd. of China (Outstanding Enterprise of the Year, Greater China);
- KGK Diajewels Private Ltd. of India (Outstanding Enterprise of the Year, India);
- PT Central Mega Kencana of Indonesia (Retailer of the Year, 500 Outlets and Below);
- Hiersun of China (Retailer of the Year, 501 Outlets and Above);
- Jewelmer (Karamar Corporation) of the Philippines (Sustainability Initiative of the Year); and
- XU Xiao, Zbird/Shanghai Wisdom Jewelry Trading Co. Ltd., of China and Zulu Ghevriya, Prism Group, of Hong Kong (Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Age 40 and Below).