The countdown is on for JCK Las Vegas, and attention is turning to the show’s plethora of planned events. A particular highlight for those looking to expand their knowledge is the annual offering of JCK Talks, a series of sessions intended to help retailers thrive in the modern market.
Covering everything from harassment in the jewellery industry and the legality of lab-grown diamonds to customization, social media, and the fate of brick-and-mortar retail, the 2018 talks encompass a broad variety of timely topics affecting both the day-to-day and big-picture considerations inherent in retail.
Some of this year’s highlights include:
- ‘The Evolution of Brick and Mortar,’ presented by Harris Botnick of Worthmore Jewelers from 11 to 11:45 a.m. on May 31;
- ‘Keeping Up With Custom – Keeping Up With the Furious Demand for Customization,’ presented by Stuller from 2 to 2:45 p.m. on May 31;
- ‘Identifying Synthetic Diamonds,’ presented by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) from 9 to 11 a.m. on June 1;
- ‘Just the Facts: What the Jewellery Industry Must Know About Harassment,’ presented by Tiffany Stevens of the Jewelers Vigilance Committee (JVC) from 11:15 a.m. to 12 p.m. on June 1; and
- ‘Mobile Marketing, Social Media 101, Gamification, and Selling on Social,’ a social event led by Ben Smithee, Alexandra Brown, and Daniel and Elise Poeana of the Smithee Group, Jennifer Shaheen of Technology Therapist (a past JB contributor), and Gus Garcia of Bottom Line Group, running from 3 to 4:30 p.m. on June 3.
Sessions are scheduled for all four days of the show. For more details, visit the JCK website.