Are you ready for 2019? Gear up for the new year by brushing up on Jewellery Business’s most popular articles of 2018. Synthetic diamonds, huge gem discoveries, and robbery prevention were just a few of the year’s hottest topics.
Top 10 feature articles of 2018
- Aquaprase: A fresh start
- The acid test: Preserving pearls’ fragile beauty
- Are synthetics poised to take over?
- Setting the standard: Tips for stunning setting work
- Dana’s Goldsmithing remodels to connect where it counts
- Striking gold in the millennial jewellery market
- Death of a sales rep?
- Detecting pearl imitations and treatments
- The human touch: How can CAD bring customers back to brick and mortar?
- To boldly go: Italgem Steel takes jewellery where no man has gone before
Top 10 news items of 2018
- Canadian miner finds 327-carat diamond
- Pandora CEO steps down as company downsizes
- Alert prepares jewellers for armed robberies
- Pandora plans to cut costs after disappointing third quarter
- 95-carat diamond found in Canadian mine
- Guideline released to clarify diamond terminology
- Three rare diamonds found at Canadian mine
- Swatch Group drops out of Baselworld
- Persona distributor to close next month
- Canadians earn top honours at Saul Bell Awards
Did you have a favourite article this year? Did it make the list? Tell us about your top picks for 2018 in the comments—and have a happy and successful 2019!